Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Baking Cupcakes for Daddy's Birthday






Mommy let me help her make cupcakes for Daddy's birthday! I was in favor of Chocolate, but Daddy picked Vanilla (BIG YAWN). Since it was his birthday, we had to go with it. What can I say...some people's palates just aren't as sophisticated as mine. I had fun watching the batter get all mixed up and then watching the cupcakes get real big while they were in the oven. But, my favorite part was the icing. Mommy let me sample a little bite, and from that point on, I alternatively (and not so accidentally) dipped my finger between the frosting container and the already frosted cupcakes. I drove Mommy a little crazy asking to eat the cupcakes every 5 five mintues or so until Daddy's car pulled into the driveway. I managed to hold off until then but luckily we sang Happy Birthday and indulged BEFORE my healthy dinner.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I can't believe how LONG your hair is Sophie! Did you save me a cupcake????

Uncle Kihm said...

Let us not disparage vanilla. Without vanilla there would be no vanilla fudge twirl, no French vanilla, no Nilla Wafers, no vanilla shakes with extra malt. A preference for vanilla may well indicate that your father is subtle and acutely sensitive.