Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What Happens in Vegas...




Here's a big shout out to Eric, who planned a fun weekend in Las Vegas where we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. Truth be told, we were SUPPOSED to celebrate our big 5 years in Hawaii, where we spent our honeymoon that Eric planned as a surprise trip. Those of you who know me well know that it was a BIG deal for me to let him plan something as major as a honeymoon trip without me having any say, but it turned out to be an unforgettable trip. Which is why we planned to return for the big 5 year celebration. Little did we know that we would have two very "active" toddlers that would make it very hard to implement this plan. So I decided to give up control once again and let him plan a get-away where we could celebrate a very exciting and busy 5 years of marriage.

Thankfully, Grammy and Grandpa Nick were willing to be on duty for a mere 72 hours so that we could have a little escape... not to Hawaii, but a trip that at least involved getting on an airplane and traveling to a different time zone.
I've never been to Las Vegas, and while I've always been curious, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about what I would find. All in all, we had a great time and it was a great chance to reconnect and just have fun together. And by the way, I really rocked the house with my blackjack game! We shared some wonderful meals, took in some shows, and even had a little time at the spa for a massage. The beauty of traveling to another time zone when you have 2 young children is that you never have to worry about adjusting to the time zone. You are just constantly so exhausted that you sleep when you can, no matter the time. This worked really well for us!

No comments: