Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day. One of the best days ever!


Believe it or not, this was my 5th Mother's Day since Sophie was born. And it was truly one of the best yet. I was lucky enough to have a wonderfully balanced weekend of family time and "me" time.

The weekend kicked of with a special Mother's Day Tea at Sophie's pre-school on Friday morning. To ensure that I could truly enjoy the morning with just Sophie, Eric was sweet enough to meet me at school where I handed off Jack to go with Eric to a nearby playground. Sophie was thrilled to serve me donuts, muffins and bagels. Thankfully they were all in small portions because you and I both know who truly got to enjoy all those treats. Sophie had made a beautiful flower our of her handprint that was laminated and came with a sweet poem. The kids in her class all gathered together to perform a song to honor their Mom's. It was such a fun morning. Here's a picture of her with her artwork.


On Saturday we enjoyed a fun family pancake breakfast and after doing a few household chores, I set out for some shopping and errands...all by myself which is a rarity these days. I even got to listen to my own music in the car!

Sunday morning was a morning of leisure while Eric covered for us with nursery duty at church and I just decided to stay home and enjoy the quiet for a few hours. Later on in the afternoon, we hosted a gathering with 4 other very special families. All in all we were 10 adults and 10 kids (3 of those kids being born in the last 3-4 months). It may sound like total chaos, but here's the catch. These 5 fabulous guys planned, prepped and served a gourmet meal from start to finish AND watched the kids while us Moms enjoyed it all out on our back deck, away from all of the action. Everyone had a fabulous time (even though the guys did mention something about going to Vegas for Father's Day). We are so fortunate to be surrounded by such great friends! They have truly become like family to us.


Here's a picture of all of the Mom's and the little ones...


A couple more...


No comments: