Sunday, March 13, 2011

Soccer Mom


I think I can officially call myself a Soccer Mom. Both Sophie and Jack took an interest in playing soccer this spring, which I'm quickly learning is no small time commitment. I think it's a great sport, and am happy they both enjoy being active, but with a practice for each of them on separate weekday evenings and a game for each on Friday night or Saturday mornings, it's a lot. Thank goodness Eric is helping with Jack's team again, which will sometimes get me and Sophie off the hook from having to always be at Jack's practices. With a couple of other after school activities going on mid-week, down-time is hard to come by right now, but I also see the importance of allowing them to figure out the types of activities they enjoy the most and will eventually pursue wholeheartedly.

Yesterday was the first game of the season and picture day for both of them, and due to the crazy timing of it all, we were hunkered down at the field for over 4 1/2 hours. Thankfully, it was a beautiful day and great to be outside and enjoy a picnic lunch between games, but we were all a bit tuckered out by the end of it. One thing is for sure - we should all be sleeping well for the next 10 weeks!

No comments: