Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day


Eric was treated to breakfast in bed for the first time ever this Father's Day! I can't take the credit - it was Sophie's idea. As expected, Eric thought it was the best thing ever and quickly propositioned that we make this a once a week ritual. Nice try, buddy - but I do promise to make this happen more often!

In lieu of gifts, both Sophie and Jack presented Eric with sweet hand made cards. I remember my mother encouraging me to make special cards for my own father when I was growing up, and now I see how precious and meaningful this is.

Later in the afternoon, we headed over to The Dekels for a barbecue with several families from the neighborhood. The kids enjoyed some backyard water fun and we had a great dinner that we all contributed to.



Father's Day is always a little bittersweet for me, as I no longer have the chance to tell my own Dad how much I appreciate him, but I know how proud he would be that I married a man who is truly an amazing father!

No comments: